Saturday 27 July 2013

My Perfect Interior - New England Style

I'd love to create an interior with my twist on an American New England style.

I have loved the Stag Minstrel furniture range for years and own some beautiful pieces.

Here are a couple of examples to give you an idea. They no longer manufacture but there's still plenty available from eBay, second hand stores and in local press advertising.




For the flooring I'd use a white wash effect laminate floor.

They do one suitable at 'Carpet Right' called 'Chelsea White Wash Laminate Flooring'.  Any similar one will do.  I'd pick one with a wood grain pattern and where they look like actual planks rather than a smooth flat surface when put together.



For a sofa(s) I'd use one with clean lines in a neutral colour. Like this Klippan from Ikea.



Cushions from Lexington






 White walls... any photo's are to be in plain black frames with a white mount.



Any accessories are to be chrome



 Pot plants are a must.  I like the Kentia Palm


...and Helixine in small zinc buckets


An American flag (One made from different coloured sections of fabric and embroided stars) to hang or drape.


Chrome or white venitian blinds or white window shutters

 ..and add some busts...


There you go!

The inspiration comes from these photos...



No comments:

Post a Comment